Thursday, May 10, 2007

Refreshed and Re-routed

My patience has been rewarded with a beautiful change in the weather. Storm clouds have given way to mostly sunny skies over west Texas. I'm departing San Marcos at 7:00am on a different route to New Mexico to make up for the lost day of flying. I'll be headed to Albuquerque by way of Midland, TX. It will put me closer to where I want to be tomorrow morning - within a couple hours' flight time of Winslow, Flagstaff and Williams, AZ - all towns bordering the south rim of the Grand Canyon. I hope to have some fabulous photos to post when I'm back in the blog saddle later today.

3 comments:

Patty said...

I love the photos!

newshutr said...

Ahh...Albuquerque. I wish I could remember the name of that great Mexican restaurant there that had the awesome enchiladas...

Unfortunately, they had the best Margaritas as well. I lost count after six...

And now I cannot remember the name of the place..

Hope the flight goes well and hope to see you in Cleveland when you touch down.

It's great that you can do what you want to do!!!

Any chance you'd want to come back to WKYC??

Regards,

Brian Behler (newshutr)

Jim Jaggers said...

I saw your link off of NewsBlues and thought this may be the Carl Moore who was News Director birefly in Memphis at WHBQ TV. You certainly bear a strong resemblance to him. Anyway, your adventure sounds like it's going great. Good Luck! I'm looking forward to more posts as you go along the way. Any chance you might describe the background of the trip? The why, what, when and where?

Jim Jaggers
Meteorologist
WREG TV
Memphis, Tennessee