Friday, May 25, 2007

On Hallowed Ground









For a pilot who's living the dream of a cross-country journey in a private airplane, flying into the First Flight National Memorial in Kill Devil Hills, NC is quite a proud and emotional moment. It is a very special place to all who visit. But when you arrive by flying there in your own airplane and land at the park's small airstrip you feel like you're being welcomed into the legacy to which the memorial is dedicated. It is a shrine to the perserverance and courage of two men from Ohio who came to the Carolina Coast to pursue their dream. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to pursue mine.






1 comment:

Randy said...

Hi Dick,
Thanks so much for the blog. It's been a lot of fun to follow along on your trip. I'm wondering how this experience equates to your first solo or first solo cross country flight ... something that other pilots can relate to. You've definitely given me "the flying bug" again! Maybe I'll attempt to give this a shot myself some day. I wish you all the best in your future flying endeavors.
Randy Betke (ex-owner of Cessna N73183)