Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Pilots of the Future


My older daughter, Sarah, teaches special ed at a public school in Utica. She has been using my blog as a teaching tool for lessons about geography and aviation. She invited me to talk to her students while I was there. They were very interested to know about the airplane - how big it is, how much fuel it carries, how far
I've traveled, how fast it goes, and so on. One of the students had even sketched the airplane, tail number and all. One of my props was the headset, which all of the students wanted to wear. Taped to the board is the IFR enroute chart, with yellow hi-lites over my proposed route of flight from Utica over to Martha's Vineyard. Lots and lots of questions from a very interested audience. I'll bet there's at least one future pilot among them.






No comments: