Friday, May 25, 2007

The Carolina Coast

I have made Wilmington, NC my base for the last couple of days, taking day trips by air south to Hilton Head and north to the Outer Banks. The weather has been perfect for flying, albeit a bit windy at times. In the photos below are (l) Charleston and the new Ravenel Bridge that crosses the Cooper River over to Mt. Pleasant, SC, the Cape Fear River harbor that's on the right while on final approach to Rwy 6 at the Wilmington, NC airport (ILM), and a shot looking west across Lake Moultrie at sunset while flying back to Wilmington from a $100 hamburger trip down to Hilton Head.



Everyone who lives close to a coastline has their own favorite places to visit along the water. As for me, it would have to be the area just north of Charleston. We've rented the same house right on the beach at Wild Dunes twice in the last year and I'd go back in a heartbeat. Even though I was born a Yankee, this is home for me now. And you know what they say about home. It's where the heart is.

No comments: