Sunday, May 20, 2007

Cleveland Rocks!










So, what do you get when you mix great friends and a little wine? Yes, that's right. It's party time! Friday night in Cleveland with the gang from WKYC-TV (NBC Ch3) was just like old times. That's my buddy (and Asst News Director) Rita Andolsen on the left. To the right is Susan Moses, Special Projects Producer (r) and Carrrie Young, weekend producer. Below to the right are Amanda Subler (l) and Jeff Yakawiak (Yak), 6pm producer and Sports Director respectively. To the left is my old boss and mentor Brooke Spectorsky, President and General Manager of WKYC and Sr. VP for Gannett Broadcasting. There are lots more pictures in my camera to keep as memories of a very special night. These are some of the people who make WKYC a great place to work. They came from many different places to join the competitive battle in Cleveland TV news. We had a very good run, finishing #1 in the major news time periods. They've had a few trying times over the last several months but things are starting to settle down again under the leadership of my former Asst. News Director. Good luck guys! And remember I'll always treasure the times we shared and look forward to seeing you all again sometime soon.







2 comments:

Mom2Amara said...

Dick! I wish I could have joined all of you Friday! Looks like you all had a phenomenal time! But as you know -- my duties as Mom2Amara typical take over after 3pm each day :) But I know our paths will cross one day again!

Enjoy the last leg of your adventure!

Mo

Carrie Young said...

I cannot tell you how much a couple of hours in your presence has given me a new outlook on life. You are my role model... then, now and always. I appreciated our little talk... and promise to keep in touch!

Love,
Carrie